Semantic Solutions Architects work on customer projects that use our flagship product TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) and the Linked Data standards it is based on to implement information management solutions. The role requires a person with strong skills for analyzing customer requirements and defining the appropriate solution design that considers all the required configurations and customizations of TopBraid EDG. Assisting customers with implementation activities is also a required skill.
The right candidate is a self-starter and quick learner interested in working with Knowledge Graph technologies to solve customer information management problems. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for close collaboration with customers, with our product development team located in Raleigh and with other TQ colleagues who are distributed across the US and Europe. Occasional travel will be required to customers throughout North America and Europe. However, most of the work will be performed remotely from TQ offices or a home office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with customers and other TQ consultants to understand requirements, assess them against product capabilities; and design approaches for configuring product capabilities to fully meet customer requirements.
- Utilizing GraphQL, SPARQL and scripting technologies for developing services, data transformations and rules.
- Testing performance of data models, queries and algorithms.
- Documenting deliverables and educate customers on their use of TopBraid EDG through product trainings and workshops, knowledge transfer and mentoring
What we’re looking for:
Required Technical Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years software development experience, with skills in software engineering practices including version control using GitHub
- Experience with Java and/or Scala
- Understand template-driven application development to work with our semantic platform.
- Experience integrating full stack solutions with other enterprise infrastructure components such as LDAP
Communication Skills and Work Habits
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer presence
- Ability to work well independently as part of a distributed team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity in dealing with loosely defined requirements
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Experience in developing semantic models using SHACL or RDFS/OWL/SPARQL to address customer requirements
- Practical understanding and experience implementing data governance/information management solutions
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience using JS libraries such as React, jQuery and Bootstrap
- Working knowledge of search (Solr) and text mining technologies
- Experience using machine learning technologies
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle or MySQL
- Previous work with rules and rule-based system
- Experience conducting training sessions
Working at TopQuadrant best exemplified by our values
- Boldy Customer-Centric: Every decision we make boils down what is best for the customer
- Substance over Style: Focusing on flat hierarchy, being decisive, constantly improving, and taking feedback. May the best ideas win.
- Connections matter. A team that sticks together is unstoppable. Presume the best intent and inspire others.
- Trust & Flexibility. We are more than any one label. Remote-first, well-compensated (competitive salary, bonus, and extended benefits) teammates get better work done, smile more, have great work-life balance and, frankly, are more fun to work with.
- Having a “Killer app” mindset. Building technology to solve real problems. Work with your team, pick a lane, and run.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying